Owning private residential property is where most Singaporean dream.
In property investment, most people will have a mindset that you must invest in private property. Is that the only option? let's explore.
Before you start your property investment, it will much easier if you engage an estate professional to assist you in your planning if you are looking into building your wealth in property investment.
Where should I start? Public housing or Private Housing?
Let's take a look at the differences between owning public housing and private property before you decide which is good for you.
HDB Public Housing - BTO / EC and Open Market Resale
1. For BTO flats and new ECs, both buyers must be Singapore Citizens. Check here for the eligibility to buy.
3. For an HDB loan, you can loan up to 90% of the valuation.
4. You are entitled to CPF housing grants, the income ceiling applies.
5. You are not allowed to sell, buy or rent out your units before you fulfilled your minimum occupation period (MOB).
6. All buyers, ages must be at least 21 years old.
7. For a single buyer, the age must be at least 35 years old.
8. Mortgage Servicing Ratio (MSR) is at 30% of your income.
1. Age must be at least 21-year-old.
2. No restriction on the citizenship of the buyers.
3. Can buy in a single name or joint name.
4. Loan to value only 75% of the valuation of the property for the first property.
5. Total Debt Servicing Ratio (TDSR) is capped at 60% of your income.
6. No MOB period, you can buy another unit, and sell or rent out your unit instantly.
How to go about to build my wealth in property investment?
I can simply say that in Singapore, most of us have this mindset. When you get married, you must get yourself a property, and build your own dream home. This is how we start to get involved in property investment.
Most of us will go for Public Housing, just because is the most affordable.